This is what homework will look like in Endeavour this year:
– Spellings that are specifically tailored for their individual year group or needs.
– Reading from new banded books for Year 5 and 6 – children will have a banded book that they are reading with an adult and a book of their own choice for pleasure.
– Grammar in white CGP grammar books linked to the work we are doing in class.
– Times Table Rock Stars. Children will complete a baseline assessment as they return to school and will then be grouped accordingly with tables practice set for the half term. Look out for our brand new display in class that sees children travel up fluency levels based on their recall speed.
– A weekly Emile maths task which I can preview in advance and from the scores, will adapt my teaching to address any knowledge gaps.
Dojos will be awarded for great effort with homework. If children need help and support with homework, we are always here to guide if needed.
Our homework will run from Monday to Monday. We will be using our new reading records to also record our homework in this year.