Freedom of Information Act 2000
Privacy Notice – General Data Protection Regulation 2018
We, Hoole St Michael Church of England V A Primary School are the Data Controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. We collect information from you, and may receive information about you from your previous Nursery School/Playgroup, Local Authority and other Professional Agencies. We hold this personal data and use it to:
- support teaching and learning;
- monitor and report on progress;
- provide appropriate pastoral care, and
- assess how well the school is doing.
This information includes your contact details, national curriculum assessment results, attendance information and personal characteristics such as your ethnic group, special educational needs and any relevant medical information.
We will not give information about you to anyone outside the school without your consent unless the law and our rules permit it.
We are required by law to pass some of your information to the Local Authority (LA), and the Department for Education (DfE). We are also required to share some details, including names, dates of birth, addresses and ethnic information with the School Nurses and organisations who provide advice and guidance.
If you would like to see a copy of the information we hold and share about you then please contact the Headteacher at school.
If you require more information about how the LA and/or DfE store and use your information, then please see related documents:
- What the LA does with Pupil and School Workforce data
- What the DfE does with Pupil data
- Who the DfE passes Pupil data to
If you need any further clarification, please contact the LA or the DfE as follows:
- Stephen Clark – Data Collection Manager – 01772-531317
- Public Communications Unit Department for Education Sanctuary Buildings Great Smith Street London SW1P 3BT
Telephone: 0870 000 2288